It’s Friday! Specifically, the Friday that most people have as their last work day before winter break. Be honest, you’re totally not actually doing work today. Instead you’re surfing the internet. So here we go. For you, Things I Love Friday.
1. Sibu Sea Buckthorn Facial Cleanser – My skin is super picky when it comes to cleansers. Still at 28, I have acne prone skin. But it’s also super dry. After jumping back and forth between a few different cleansers, I’ve finally decided this one is the best. It’s gentle, removes all of my makeup, and doesn’t leave my skin feeling tight. Also it’s certified cruelty-free if that’s something you look for.
2. The Convertible Sleeve Portofino Shirt from Express – I’m obsessed with this shirt. Express was 50% off the week of Thanksgiving and I bought four (two long sleeve and two sleeveless). Yesterday they were 50% off again so I bought two more. They feel amazing. Look great with your suit for work or jeans on the weekend. Come in a million colors. And the best part is they’re machine washable and dry-able! If they’re still on sale, go buy one. Seriously.
3. Nike Free TR Fit 3 – So this is a two part favorite. Did you know that the Nike Store in Lincoln Park (Chicago) offered free exercise classes? Yes, completely free. The way they get you is they have you try out their shoes during your class. Which you will fall in love with. And then buy. Yup it worked on me. I tried out their Free TR shoes and now I want a pair. They’re a barefoot shoe but are wider than most. As soon as they go on sale in my size I’m buying them for CrossFit.
4. Nivea Lip Butters – Anyone that knows me in real life knows I’ve got super dry lips. And I’ve tried just about every chapstick. This one actually works. And they smell amazing. The only downside is it’s a pot instead of a stick.
5. Vaseline Intensive Care Total Moisture Lotion – It’s winter. Which means almost everyone is suffering from dry skin. One of my biggest pet peeves with lotion is feeling sticky after I put it on. I want something that dries immediately. This one does that. And it has a great light fragrance. I have three bottles as backups. Because at $3 a bottle, why not?
6. MuscleTech Amino Build BCAA – Originally I was going to do a full post on this. I know that my Fibromyalgia pain gets worse with stress. Cortisol comes from stress. BCAA helps lower the amount of cortisol in your body after exercising. So BCAA would lower my pain levels after exercise, right? Well kinda. Turns out people with Fibro have abnormally lower than normal cortisol levels. So that theory went out the window. But it actually does work! Yes it’s not exactly paleo. Yes it has Sucralose and food dye. But it’s gluten, dairy and soy free!
7. Hip2Save.com – I love couponing. And while I can’t really coupon for food (because coupons only exist for processed foods), I can coupon for household goods. Not sure if it’s still going on, but CVS twice a year puts a ton of their makeup on 50% to 75% off. Exhibit A on the left is my CVS haul. Exhibit B on the right is even better. After coupons and cash back, Walgreens actually paid me to take those home. How do I know about these awesome sales? Hip2Save is my go-to blog for info. If you’re into couponing, I highly recommend you check her out.
8. And finally, I have the following two songs playing on repeat. You will too because you can download them for free. You’re welcome.