Happy Sunday! About a month ago, Red Gold Tomatoes sent me a care package and asked me to share some of their recipes. Unfortunately work, searching for a new apartment, and then a really bad cold distracted me until today.
Thankfully there is still time. Red Gold asked me to let you guys know they are having a huge summer grilling giveaway over on their Facebook page. Until July 22, head over to their Facebook page and enter to win a Big Green Egg ceramic charcoal barbecue cooker, as well as over 800 insulated tote bags. They’re also sharing a ton of recipes, perfect for summer.
Today I thought I would share two of them:
Spicy Tomato Burger
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies, drained well
Combine the ground beef and tomatoes in a bowl. Form into patties and season with salt and pepper. Place on a grill and cook to desired temperature. For those who eat dairy, add a slice of pepper jack cheese.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 scallions, finely minced
- 1 can (10 ounce) Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Serve over steak or eggs.